Archive for May 2010
|Position (lat. 0N/long. 0E)||Sustained maximum surface wind speed (kmph)|
85-95 gusting to 105
|19-05-2010/0530||13.0/82.0||95-105 gusting to 115|
|19-05-2010/1130||13.5/81.5||105-115 gusting to 125|
|19-05-2010/1730||14.0/81.5||115-125 gusting to 135|
|19-05-2010/2330||15.0/81.5||115-125 gusting to 135|
|20-05-2010/0530||16.5/81.5||115-125 gusting to 135|
|20-05-2010/1730||17.5/82.0||95-155 gusting to 155|
|21-05-2010/0530||18.5/83.0||85-95gusting to 105|
|21-05-2010/1730||19.5/84.5||75-85 gusting to 95|
|1000000||PATTU NOORAYIRAM||one million|
- 21 years in Tamil Industry.
- Junior Artist - 1988 (with 1 hit, 9 flops)
- Mass roles- 1979(4 flops)
- Lead role- 1986- till date( 4 hits, 46 flops)
- Jumping From One Big Building to another in Air (KURUVI)
- Flying from inside the Sea (SURA)
- Going With Lift inside the sea bed.Never ever seen Hollywood flick stunts.(KURUVI).
- Reaching Finals without winnning semifinals(GHILLLI)
- Bike riding on ground to running Train and go to Pakistan from India with Parachute only.
- Climbing any mountain with hands.
- Pulling chair front and catching the runing flight.
- Led a knife to attack the enemy hanging on the plane's shield.(VILLU)
- Shoot People not only in movie, but outside also
- Having powerful eyes. (AADHI)
- Senseless talking in functions, interviews
- Hitting thigh and talking without opening the mouth(PUNCH DIALOGUES)
You may imagine that sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are other people's problem and could never happen to you. You couldn't be more wrong. Your unprotected sexual exploits may lead to more than 25 STDs apart from HIV, and these may cause arthritis, memory loss, heart disease, eye inflammation and even cancer. You can catch a STD from the blood, semen or vaginal fluids of an infected partner. Ironically, it's possible to contract sexually transmitted diseases from people who seem perfectly healthy and those who may not even be aware that they have an infection. Doctors at major hospitals in the city say they see around 50 people with STDs in a month. There are lots more out there who are silent carriers and avoid seeing a doctor.
BEING A YOUNG WOMAN
If you are a young woman, your chances of getting a STD are much higher than those of a man or middle- aged woman. "Young people are at a greater risk because they are more likely to indulge in unsafe sex and have multiple sex partners. Condoms provide some amount of protection, but it's important to avoid multiple partners," says Dr Shivani Sachdev, gynaecologist, Phoenix Hospital. Moreover, in young women the cervix is made up of constantly changing cells which make the cervix more vulnerable to certain STDs.
However, this does not mean you can't get an infection if you are old. In fact, the numbers of older women reporting to the doctors with STDs is on the rise, simply because of the misconception that they are not at risk. After menopause, there is a thinning of tissues in the female vagina and the natural lubrication also decreases. This can increase the risk of micro- tears and sexual transmission of certain diseases.
The immune system of older people is also less efficient, leading to an increased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Women are anatomically wired to be more likely to contract STDs because the average vaginal environment enables viruses and bacteria to grow. Moreover, it's relatively easier for an infection to penetrate the thin mucous membrane of the vagina as compared to the penis which is protected by its epidermis skin coating. While women are mostly infected with yeast infections, chlamydia and genital human papillomavirus (HPV), men usually report with gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia.
Hepatitis A and B are also known to spread through sexual transmissions. In addition to being more susceptible to infection, women are also more likely than men to experience some of the harmful side effects associated with STDs. Chlamydia, for example, is known to produce few complications among men whereas women with the disease can face problems like infertility, chronic pelvic pain, and potentially- fatal ectopic pregnancies if the condition goes untreated.
STDS may go undetected for long periods as they result in a number of confusing and misleading symptoms. While some may have no symptoms for very long, others may experience genital sores, pain and itching. "Around 80 per cent of STDs are detected by doctors when patients visit them for some other problem. For instance, I had a patient who had genital herpes but never reported that to me. It was a chance discovery. There are also several patients who come with problem of infertility and through tests we get to know they have been suffering from chlamydia," says Dr Sachdev.
While women with STDs may experience vaginal discharge, lower- abdominal pain and pain during intercourse, men generally experience a discharge from their penis, pain during urination besides testicular swelling and pain. Regular testing for STDs, especially chlamydia and HPV, is very common in the west but it's yet to pick momentum in India.
While a Pap smear test is recommended for HPV, blood tests and vaginal swab tests would tell if a woman has got any other STD. " For men, besides physical examination, blood tests and urine tests usually tell the presence of STDs," says Dr Kapil Juneja, consultant urologist, Moolchand Medcity.
Anal sex is very risky when it comes to STDs because it usually causes bleeding. Also your chances of getting an STD increases every time you break up with one partner and move on to another, even if each relationship is monogamous. Most people are silent carriers of STDs which can manifest later on. Though condom reduces chances of contracting STDs, being faithful to your partner is the best way to prevent it.
Any STD, if ignored, can do a lot of complications in later stages. "Men can suffer from urethral stricture which means obstruction in urine passage, infection of the testicles, prostrate and even infertility.
Some diseases if left untreated can also damage other body organs. For instance, syphilis infection may travel to the brain leading to memory loss, problems with mental function, walking and balance. It can also affect the heart, bladder control, and vision if left untreated," says Dr Anshuman Aggarwal senior consultant, urology, Fortis Hospital.
If somebody has untreated gonorrhea or chlamydia, he is also at risk of getting arthritis when infection moves to the joints. Once it does, it can cause excruciating pain and, in some cases, permanent joint damage and deformity.
A woman suffering from chlamydia can pass the infection from the vaginal canal to her child during delivery, causing pneumonia or an eye infection that can lead to blindness. The good news is all STDs are curable if detected on time.
Antibiotics can cure many sexually transmitted bacterial and parasitic infections, including gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia and trichomonas. Sexually transmitted viral infections like HIV are not curable, but HPV and hepatitis B are preventable with vaccines prior to exposure. The duration of the treatment would depend upon the stage and kind of STD you are suffering from.
Watermelon is especially high in lycopene which is very good for skin protection against the sun
When many people say how many of Sachin's hundreds have come for a winning cause,Here is analysis of each of those centuries he scored when INDIA lost and reason why it went in vain. Out of the 41 hundreds, 11 hundreds have gone in vain.
1. 137 off 137 balls Vs SriLanka at Delhi in 1996 World Cup . India scored 271/3 in 50 overs. The only other 50 score was from Azhar. SL made 272 in 48.4 overs. Manoj Prabhakar had 4-0-47-0. He also opened in the innings with Sachin and scored 7 of 36 balls.
2. 100 of 111 Balls Vs Pak in Singapore- Apr 96 . India 226 all out in 47.1 overs, When Sachin was out score was 186/4. Pak had a reduced target of 187 from 33 overs.
3. 110 of 138 Balls vs Sri Lanka In Colombo - Aug 96. Again India 226 for 5 in 50 overs, Only other 50 score from Azhar (58 of 99 balls).Sachin has also bowled 6-0-29-1, the second most economical bowler and the only wicket taker (SL were 230/1 in 44.2) of the match next to Srinath. 7 bowlers were used by Azhar.
4. 143 of 131 Balls Vs Aus at Sharjah, Apr 1998. This was chasing under lights. The qualifying match before the final. The whole world knows about this match. Still one interesting point, when Sachin was out India were 242 at 5 at 43 overs. Target was 276 in 46. Still India finished at 250/5 scoring just 8 of the next 3 overs. Great performance by Laxman and Kanithkar indeed.
5. 101 of 140 Balls against SL at Sharjah in Oct 2000. Indian score was 224/8 in 50 overs. (No other 50 score). SL got 225/5 in 43.5, Sachin also bowled 5-0-22-0, better economy rate than everyone except Srinath.
6. 146 of 153 Balls against Zimbabwe at Jodhpur - December 2000 India made 283 / 8 in 50 overs. Sachin was the last man to be dismissed, score was 235/8 at 46.3 overs when he was out. Agarkar and Zaheer Khan propelled India to 283 in the last 3.3 overs. When Sachin has scored 146 of 235 in 46.3 overs, you can guess what the other 8 great batsmen were doing against the World class Zimbabwe attack. Second Highest scorer was Zaheer Khan with 32. Zim got 284/9 in 49.5 overs. Agarkar bowled the last over. Sachin also got 6-0-35-1
7. 101 of 129 Balls Vs SA at Johannesburg - Oct 2001 India got 279/5 in 50, Ganguly made 127 of 126 balls. When Ganguly got out, the score was 193-1 in 35.2 overs. Sachin was the last man to get out at 263. SA got 280 in 48.4 overs. Sachin bowled 9-0-51-0, second best in economy rate next only to Agarkar (10-0-45-1)
8. 141 of 135 balls Vs Pak at Rawalpindi, March 2004 . India were chasing 329 and were 317 all out in 48.4 overs, 8 balls to spare. No other batsman made even a 50 (when chasing 300 ) and when Sachin was out, India were 245-4 in 38.4 overs. They needed 85 from 68 balls with 6 wickets in hand.
9. 123 of 130 Balls vs Pak at Ahmedabad, April 2005. India made 315/6 in 48 overs (48 over match), again no other 50 score. Second highest was Dhoni 47 of 64 balls, (third highest was extras - 39). Pak made 319 in 48 overs. The three quicks (Balaji, Nehra and Khan went for 188 runs from 26 overs between them taking only 2 wickets). Sachin bowled 6-0-36-1. No Harbhajan and no Kumble.
10. 100 of 113 Balls Vs Pak at Peshawar, Feb-2006. India were 328 all out in 49.4 overs. Pathan and Dhoni got 60 each. When Sachin was out when India were 305-5 in 45 overs. Managed only 23 in the last 5 overs.Pak scored 311/7 in 47 overs and won by D/L method. Could have been anybody's game. Sachin did not bowl.
11. 141* of 148 balls vs WI at Malaysia. India made 309 /5 in 50 overs. Sachin was not out. Pathan was the only other 50 scorer. WI made 141/2 in 20 overs and won by D/L method. Again could have been anybody's game.
In the other 31 instances India has won 30 times and once there was no result .
Now, please think again when you say sachin's 100s were in the losing cause and that he is not a team player. It is a fact that for the entire 90's India played International cricket with 1 PLAYER and 10 JOKERS.